DATE LAST UPDATED: October 01, 2019
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Information
- Will Get Lighthouse Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
- Links to 3rd Party Sites
- Social Plugins on our Services
- Email Communications, Opt-Out
- Additional Information for Users in the European Economic Area
- Notice to Users outside of the United States of America
- Contact Us
Who We Are / Data Controller
If you use our Services, except as may be stated in this Privacy Provider, the data controller of your information is Get Lighthouse, Inc. with the following contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information We Collect
To use the Services through the Site or the App, you will be required to provide us with your name, business contact information such as address, email and phone number ("Contact Information”) and a username and password ("Account Registration Information”) as well as payment information ("Payment Information").
When a user uses the Services, the user may upload content, including personal data, to the Services. For example, you may upload details about your team members, such as their name, title, birthday and notes regarding meetings. In addition, we may upload information to the Services, such as photos or job titles, from publicly available profiles on third party sites. The user is the controller of such personal data and is responsible for complying with applicable laws and regulations with respect to such personal data. You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to the personal data that you enter into the Services, including, without limitation, any requirements to obtain consent of the team members whose data you upload. We will also collect any personal data that you provide to us in your communications that you send us.The types of personal data collected include full name, title, company, employment status, mailing address, email address and telephone number, as well as any additional information you may provide on a form on our Site and/or App. The amount and type of personal data that Get Lighthouse collects depends on the nature of your interaction with the Site, the App and Services. This data is “Other Information”.
The Site, the App and Services may track the total number of visitors to the Site, the App and Services, the number of visitors to each page of the Site, the App and Services, browser type, IP addresses and other usage statistics collected and used in aggregate form collected through the Site, the App and Services (“Device and Usage Information”).
We also collect personal data about you from beta testing providers- such as crash logs, your personal information such as name and email address, usage information, and any feedback. For example, if you use Test Flight, we receive information as set forth at https://testflight.apple.com/. This information includes Contact Information, Other Information and Device and Usage Information.
How We Use Information
We use your personal data for our legitimate interests and to perform a contract with you to:
- administer your payments
- provide the Services and respond to your requests
- provide you with support
- improve the Services
- detect fraud, illegal activities or security breaches
- verify your authority to use our Services
- collect statistical aggregated data regarding use of the Services
- to send you marketing of related services that we believe may be of interest to youundefined
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our Site and/or App are visited and by how many people (“Device and Usage Information”). A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
On our Site and/or App, we may use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site and/or App by saving your preferences and to improve and track the overall Site experience. For our password protected areas of the Site and/or App, we may set a persistent cookie to authenticate your login and authorization to use the password protected areas.
Get Lighthouse does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, this Site and/or the App also uses several web analytics service providers, such as Google Analytics (“Google”) and Mixpanel (collectively, "Web Analytics Providers"). These Web Analytics Providers use "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the Site and/or App. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site and/or App (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by the Web Analytics Providers on servers in the United States. The Web Analytics Providers will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site and/or App, compiling reports on Site and/or App activity for Site and/or App operators and providing other services relating to Site and/or App activity and internet usage. The Web Analytics Providers may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on behalf of such Web Analytics Providers. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may find more information about
Mixpanel or Intercom at their respective websites. The Web Analytics Providers may track your use of this Site and/or App as well as across other third party websites. However, note that Get Lighthouse will not use Google Analytics or Mixpanel with respect to users located in the European Economic Area. Get Lighthouse also uses Intercom and Intercom may use certain cookies that are essential for support purposes.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site and/or App, but your ability to use some areas of our Site and/or App may be limited. Most major browsers allow you to block or delete certain cookies from
your system. To learn more about your ability to manage cookies and web beacons, please consult the privacy features in your browser. You may be able to remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
Will Get Lighthouse Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
Required By Law
agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Get Lighthouse, our employees, our customers, or others.
As we continue to grow, we may purchase websites, applications, subsidiaries, other businesses or business units. Alternatively, we may sell businesses or business units, merge with other entities and/or sell assets or stock, in some cases as part of a reorganization or liquidation in bankruptcy. As part of these transactions, we may transfer your personal information to a successor entity upon a merger,
consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which we participate, or to a purchaser or acquirer of all or a portion of our assets, bankruptcy included. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent
notice on our Site and/or App of any change in ownership or uses of your personal data, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
Get Lighthouse takes steps that are reasonably designed to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, including through secure socket layer,
password protection and, for certain transmissions to our Services, encryption. We also have internal measures designed to protect personal data. However, due to the open communication nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and the Site and/or App, and the Site and/or App and you, will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Users of the Site and/or App do so at their own risk with respect to such communications.
We retain personal data for as long as we have a legitimate need to retain it. Generally, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with the Services and
we also may continue to retain backup or archival copies of your information made in the normal course of business. We will delete your personal data 1 year after you have run your last survey within the Services. If you have a trial agreement with us, we will retain your personal data for 30 days after termination of your trial. We also will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our Site, App and Services are not intended for children under the age of 16. Get Lighthouse does not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Site and/or App may include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Get Lighthouse. If you submit personal data to any of those sites, your information is governed by
Social Plugins on Our Services
We may use social plugins on our Services and may include icons that allow you to interact with third party social networks such as, without limitation, Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn and Pocket. The third party social plugin may set a cookie when your browser creates a connection to the servers of such social networks and the plugin may transmit your data to the social networks.
Your use of these social plugins is subject to the privacy policies of the third party social networks.
Email Communications, Opt-Out
the practices of this Site and/or App, or your dealings with this Site and/or App, please send us a detailed message (with sufficient information for us to identify your personal data) at email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Additional Information for Users in the European Economic Area
Categories of Recipients of Personal Data
The categories of recipients of personal data with whom we may share your personal data are listed in
Purpose of the Processing and Legal Bases
Get Lighthouse uses your personal information for a number of different purposes, as explained below. Some are essential for us to provide the Services you use or to fulfill our legal obligations, some
help us run the Services efficiently and effectively and some enable us to provide you with more relevant and personalized offers and information. In all cases we must have a reason and a legal ground for processing your personal information. Some of the most common legal grounds we rely on are briefly explained below.
Performance of a Contract
We may process your personal data for the purposes of a contract to which you are a party, in other words your ability to use the Services. For instance, if you want to purchase a subscription, we need to process your Account Registration Information, Contact Information and Payment Information in order to enable you to do so.
We may process personal data where it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, but only to the extent that they are not outweighed by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. We generally rely on legitimate interests to provide and maintain Services that work well and securely, comply with applicable laws, carry out fraud prevention, and generally improve the Services. When we rely on this legal basis, if required, we’ll carry out a legitimate interest assessment to ensure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under applicable data protection laws.
Get Lighthouse may rely on consent where it is required, such as with respect to certain Device and Usage Information collected via non-essential cookies and similar technologies, if any (other than
strictly necessary cookies), or when we’re asking you to confirm your marketing preferences. When we rely on consent, you’ll be asked to confirm that you give your permission to Get Lighthouse to process your personal information. Details of the processing, such as why Get Lighthouse would like to process your data, how it will be used and if your personal information will be shared, will be provided at the time of asking you for your consent.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time if you no longer wish to have Get Lighthouse process your personal data by contacting us.
Get Lighthouse will on occasion be under a legal obligation to obtain and disclose your personal data. Where possible, we will notify you when processing your data due to a legal obligation, however this may not always be possible. For instance, Get Lighthouse may need to provide your data in order to prevent criminal activity or help to detect criminal activity, in which case we may share information with law enforcement. This is done in a safe and secure manner. It’s essential that Get Lighthouse complies with its legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, so if you object to this processing, Get Lighthouse will not be able to provide its Services to you.
The following table illustrates in more detail how the above legal bases for processing may apply to our primary purposes for processing different types of personal data:
Staying in Control of Your Information: Your Rights
If the GDPR applies to you because you are in the EEA, you have certain rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right of access – your right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you (also known as a ‘data subject access request’);
- The right to rectification – your right to request that we correct personal data about you if it is incomplete or inaccurate (though we generally recommend first making any changes in your settings);
- The right to erasure (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’) – under certain circumstances, you may ask us to delete the personal data we have about you (unless it remains necessary for us to continue processing your personal data for a legitimate business need or to comply with a legal obligation as permitted under the GDPR, in which case we will inform you);
- The right to restrict processing – your right, under certain circumstances, to ask us to suspend our processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability – your right to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format (for example, a .csv file);
- The right to object – your right to object to us processing your personal data (for example, if you object to us processing your data for direct marketing); and
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling – our obligation to be transparent about any profiling we do, or any automated decision-making.
- These rights are subject to certain rules around when you can exercise them. If are located in the EEA and wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
- You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights) unless your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request under those circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
- We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated as required by law.
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights for personal data that you believe may be uploaded by a user of the Services, please contact the controller. We will assist the controller in such situations.
- In addition, if you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional information, we remind you that you may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each electronic marketing message we send to you. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of providing our Services.
- Finally, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority for data protection issues in your country of residence. We would, however, appreciate the chance to address your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please contact us directly first.
If you are a user in the EEA, you may also contact our representative in the European Union: By emailing euGDPR at getlighthouse dot com
Notice to Users Outside of the United States of America
Any information you enter on this Site and/or App or through our Services may be transferred outside of the country in which you are located to the United States of America which does not offer an equivalent level of protection to that required in other countries, such as the European Union. In particular, you are advised that the United States of America uses a sectoral model of privacy protection that relies on a mix of legislation, governmental regulation, and self-regulation. By using this Site and/or App or our Services you represent that you are located in the United States of America and that any personal data that you provide on this Site and/or App or through this Service pertains to individuals located in the United States of America.
If you are not located in the United States of America or if any personal data that you wish to provide on this Site and/or App or through this Service pertains to individuals located outside of the United States of America, you agree that you have the rights to lawfully transfer personal data to Get Lighthouse and you consent to the transfer of all such personal data to the United States of America and to the processing of that information by Get Lighthouse, Inc. on its or its third party servers located in the United States of America. You also may contact us through the information below prior to providing us with any personal data. If you are in the European Union or your data pertains to individuals in the European Union, you must contact us prior to providing us with any personal data. In our discretion, we may agree to only process such data in a member state of the European Union, we may agree to enter into Model Contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries and/or a data transfer agreement or we may adopt other means under applicable law for ensuring adequate safeguards.
Get Lighthouse, Inc.
101A Clay Street, #306
San Francisco, CA 94111